In the 2008 season, the Buccaneers finished 9-7 in the regular season, in third place in the NFC South. This will be the first draft for the Buccaneers under new head coach Raheem Morris, who replaced Jon Gruden in January.
- The Buccaneers acquired the 17th pick in the 1st round from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for the 19th pick in the 1st round and the 18th pick in the 6th round (191st overall) on April 25, 2009.
- The Buccaneers traded the 18th pick in the 2nd round (50th overall) to the Cleveland Browns along with a 2010 5th-round pick in exhange for Kellen Winslow on Feb. 29, 2009.
- The Buccaneers traded the 18th pick in the 6th round (191st overall) to the Chicago Bears in exchange for Brian Griese and a the 20th selection in the 7th-round pick on March 3, 2008. The Buccaneers received this pick back from Chicago in exchange for Dan Buenning on Sept. 2, 2008.
- The Buccaneers received the 8th pick in the 7th round (217th overall) from the Jacksonville Jaguars along with a 2nd-round and 5th-round pick in 2008 in exchange for a 2nd-round pick in 2008 on April 26, 2008.
- The Buccaneers traded the 17th selection in the 7th round (226th overall). The pick has been involved in multiple trades and currently belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who acquired it on Sept. 2, 2008.
- The Buccaneers acquired the 24th selection in the 7th round (233rd overall) along with a 2010 draft pick from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Marques Douglas.