In the 2008 season, the Eagles finished 9-6-1 in the regular season, finishing in second place in the NFC East. They won two playoff games before losing to the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship Game.
The Eagles did not make a first round selection in either the 2007 or 2008 Drafts. Should the Eagles trade out of the first round again, it would mark the first time they went three consecutive years without a first-round selection since 1974-1978.
- The Eagles traded the 91st pick in the third round to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for the 137th (5th round) and 213th (7th round) picks in the 2009 NFL Draft, in addition to a third-round pick in the 2010 Draft, on April 26, 2009.
- The Eagles acquired the 19th pick in the first round from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for the 21st pick in the 1st round and the 22nd pick in the 6th round (195th overall) on April 25, 2009.
- The Eagles acquired the 28th pick in the 1st round along with 2nd and 4th round picks in 2008 from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for a 2008 1st-round pick on April 26, 2008. They then agreed to trade the selection, along with the 21st pick in the 4th round (121st overall) and a 2010 pick to the Buffalo Bills in exchange for Jason Peters on April 17, 2009.
- The Eagles traded the 1st pick in the 5th round (137th overall) and the 5th pick in the 5th round (141st overall) to the New England Patriots in exchange for CB Ellis Hobbs on April 26, 2009.
- The Eagles acquired the 5th pick in the 5th round (141st overall) from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a 2008 6th-round pick on April 27, 2008.
- The Eagles acquired the 17th pick in the 5th round (153rd overall) and a 2010 draft pick from the New York Jets in exchange for Lito Sheppard on Feb. 28, 2009.
- The Eagles acquired the 23rd pick in the 5th round (159th overall) from the New England Patriots in exchange for Greg Lewis and a 2010 7th-round pick on March 5, 2009.
- The Eagles acquired the 22nd pick in the 6th round from the Minnesota Vikings in exchange for Kelly Holcomb on Aug. 27, 2007. They then traded it to the Cleveland Browns as part of the trade to move up and draft Jeremy Maclin.
- The Eagles acquired the 222nd overall pick (7th round) and a 2010 5th-round pick from the New Orleans Saints in exchange for the 164th overall pick on April 26, 2009.
- The Eagles traded the 222nd overall pick to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 6th round pick in 2010 on April 29, 2009.